Grief & Bereavement Counseling
Bereavement and grief aren’t light-hearted topics. Bereavement refers to the process of recovering from the death of a loved one. Grief is a reaction to any form of loss. Both encompass a wide range of emotions from fear and anger to deep, deep sadness.
Every grieving experience is different. The process of adapting to a loss varies dramatically from person to person, depending on his or her background, beliefs, and the relationship to the person who’s passed.
Symptoms of grief can be physical, emotional or social and include:
- Crying and sighing
- Loss of appetite
- Difficulty sleeping
- Feelings of sadness and yearning
- Feelings of worry or anger
- Feelings of frustration or guilt
- Feeling detached from others
- Self-isolation from social contact
- Behaving in ways that are not normal for you
Begin to work through your personal experience of grief by contacting me for help today.